Goat Island Eskasoni Cultural Journey Guided ToursStoried Island Tour Offering
Location:Eskasoni, Nova Scotia, Canada
Cost:FREE – $40.00 per person
About this experience
Discover authentic Mi’kmaq culture along our picturesque 2.4 KM trail on Goat Island in Eskasoni. The island hugs the beautiful Bras d’Or Lake, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
Immerse yourself into Mi’kmaq life with a guided tour along the trail with one of our passionate and knowledgeable Mi’kmaq cultural interpreters to visit several villages along the 2.4 km route, each one offering a unique experience to learn and partake in this way of life.
- Take part in a smudging ceremony
- Learn to make four cents cake over an open fire
- Learn the art of basketry
- Learn and join in our traditional dance
- Speak to our trading post merchant
- Play the ancient game of Waltes
- Learn about hunting and fishing techniques.
Top this all off with a traditional snack of luskinigan and tea!
Guided tours take place at 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Please book in advance. Taxes not included
Adults: $40.00 plus HST
Children (4-16): $20.00 plus HST
Children under 4 are admitted free.
There is a maximum of twenty (20) persons per guided tour.
Entry to Goat Island Eskasoni Cultural Journey